Robocop Slot Review
In 1987 a new type of cop patrolled the streets of Delta City, the futuristic suburb of Detroit. The hero played by Peter Weller as the unfortunate officer Alex Murphy, murdered by a villainous gang but resurrected as the saviour of the city, Robocop. The film was a smash hit success and spawned a number of less successful sequels and while it is set in the future, it is perhaps fitting that it has taken almost 30 years for the film to make its way over into the slot realm.
Playtech were behind the production of the slot and as you would expect, this is a game that is high on production values. The look and feel of the slot captures the mood and style of the film beautifully, even down to the same font being used. The music is darkly foreboding, yet hopeful and there are the three main characters from the film present on the reels. Everything looks and sounds as if it was taken direct from the set of the movie and for that Playtech should be complimented. It’s a beautiful, clean looking slot.
There are the usual 5×3 reels in play and there are a total of 25 paylines in total. Wagers start at £0.25 but you can increase that up to £250 if you are a higher roller. The top jackpot in the base game is 2,500 coins which isn’t a huge amount but which is possible to win across multiple paylines, especially using some of the features in the slot. You can play Robocop right now at the ever popular Bet365 Casino.
Robocop Key Features
The first thing to note here is that this slot has the usual playing card low symbols Ace, King, Queen and Jack in this case. Medium value symbols are Robocops Car and Gun, with the three characters Officer Lewis, OCP’s Dick Jones and Robocop being the higher value symbols on the reels. In addition to these symbols, which offer a range of payouts, there are a couple of other symbols to note on the reels.
The first of these is the Wild which can substitute for all high and low value symbols. Five Wilds on a line triggers a 100x your stake win which is the biggest standard win in the base game.
What makes the base game so exciting however is that at any point, there is the chance that one of four randomly triggered bonus games can start. These four features are outlined below:
- Shootout Spin Feature – Robocops gun will shoot out additional Wild symbols which will then land on random positions on the reels, potentially triggering additional and possibly much higher value wins.
- Robot Attack Spin Feature – Robocop’s nemesis, ED209 is added to the reels in the shape of a huge 3×3 Wild symbol which can then be landed during the bonus to potentially trigger a large number of higher value winning paylines.
- Line-Up Spin Feature – Any winning payline you have achieved on the triggering spin is then enhanced by adding a multiplier to that payline. There are two possible multipliers that can be applied to each line win and this is selected at random when the trigger features.
- OCP Bonus Feature – This is a simple pick’em game where you enter the offices of OCP and then pick from the choices to reveal the symbols and obtain cash prizes.
The Free Spins bonus in Robocop is triggered when you land the Detroit Police Badge scatter symbol on a single spin across the first, third and fifth reels. You can then choose from four enhanced versions of the randomly triggered base game bonuses to play through as your free spins bonus. These new features are:
- Shootout Free Games Feature – You receive a total of 10 free spins in this bonus and during each spin, Robocops gun will shoot out random wilds which will then land on the reels on each spin. These Wilds can then help you land additional or better value wins more often.
- Robot Attack Free Games Feature – Once again the 3×3 sized ED-209 Wild symbol is added to the second, third and fourth reels and you then receive 5 free spins with this giant wild on the reels in the hope it can trigger a massive payout.
- Line-Up Free Games Feature – In this bonus you receive the maximum of 15 free spins but every time you land a winning payline during free spins, your winnings are subject to not one, but two random multipliers, which can radically boost the value of your win.
- OCP Mega Bonus Features – In this bonus you once again enter the OCP offices and select from the options until you have revealed 3 character symbols that are the same. In addition to the characters to collect, you can boost your winnings in this level by selecting Wilds and 5x multipliers. Once you have selected three of one character symbol, you win the payout for that character with any additional bonuses paid out on top and the round ends.
With so many different options in the Robocop slot it is a fast, fun and enjoyable game that will boast longevity in its gameplay because things can change so often and so frequently. The nice presentation of the game also ensures that players do not become bored of what the slot is offering and means that even as a more medium variance game, you don’t tend to get too disheartened if you don’t win big immediately as there’s plenty of bonuses to trigger.
Robocop is a very worthy addition to the growing stable of games from Playtech based on films from the 1980s and it certainly stands the test of time.
|Where can I play?||Bet365|
|Number of paylines:||25|
|Number of reels:||5|
|Is autoplay available?||Yes|