NFL Round Up 2 – Week 13 Recap And Season So Far Review
You may recall that earlier this season, we went through the eight divisions in the NFL and I gave you my tip for the Divisional Winners in the AFC and NFC.
- NFL Standings After Week 13
- Key Injuries
- Best Players Of The Season So Far – Offense
- Best Players Of The Season So Far – Defense
- Which Teams Have Shone From Week 6 to Week 13?
- Who Has Had A Strong Middle Of The Season?
- Who Is On The Decline?
- Which Teams Season Is In The Bin?
- NFL Matchday 14 Fixtures
- My NFL Weekend Moneyline Accumulator
Then after seven weeks of the season, we brought you our first NFL Round Up of the action that had taken place so far in the season, with a look at some of the major trades, injuries, teams that were performing well, as expected and well below expected across those opening weeks of the season.
Well now, we have reached Week 14 of the season and it is a great time to review the previous six weeks of action through Week 13’s results to see what has happened in the NFL since.
Remember, if you enjoy betting on the NFL, then bet365 Sport has an extensive range of bets that you can enjoy every week.
This includes extensive pre-match betting options for all games, outright markets on the entire season and of course, a wide selection of bets available on the sites In Play betting service when the games are being contested.
BONUS CODE: BET247
Get up to €100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365 Bet365 Review
We’re going to loosely follow the format of the previous NFL Round Up article for consistency, so let’s begin with a look at the current NFL Standings after Week 13.
NFL Standings After Week 13
|NFC North||NFC West||NFC East||NFC South|
|AFC North||AFC West||AFC East||AFC South|
Just as we saw in Weeks 1-6, Weeks 7-13 have seen a number of players go down with injury, some for several weeks, others for the remainder of the season meaning that they won’t be back to play until next season. Some of the key players that have gone down with injury over the last few weeks and are yet to return include:
- Jimmy Garropolo (QB) – San Francisco 49ers (out for season)
- Kyle Pitts (TE) – Atlanta Falcons (out for season)
- Eddie Jackson (S) – Chicago Bears (out for season)
- Joe Mixon (RB) – Cincinnati Bengals
- Lamar Jackson (QB) – Baltimore Ravens – day to day with injury
- David Njoku (TE) – Cleveland Browns
- Anthony Brown (CB) – Dallas Cowboys (out for season)
- Shaquille Leonard (LB) – Indianapolis Colts (out for season)
- Cooper Kupp (WR) – Los Angeles Rams
- Michael Thomas (WR) – New Orleans Saints (out for season)
- C.J.Gardner-Johnson (CB) – Philadelphia Eagles (out for season)
Best Players Of The Season So Far – Offense
- Patrick Mahomes (QB), Travis Kelce (TE) – Kansas City Chiefs
- Joe Burrow (QB) – Cincinnati Bengals
- Josh Allen (QB), Stefan Diggs (WR) – Buffalo Bills
- Justin Herbert (QB) – Los Angeles Chargers
- Josh Jacobs (RB), Davante Adams (WR) – Las Vegas Raiders
- Nick Chubb (RB) – Cleveland Browns
- Derrick Henry (RB) – Tennessee Titans
- Saquon Barkley (RB) – New York Giants
- Tyreek Hil (WR), Tua Tagovailoa (QB), Jaylen Waddle (WR) – Miami Dolphins
- Justin Jefferson (WR) – Minnesota Vikings
- Jalen Hurts (QB), AJ Brown (WR), Miles Sanders (RB) – Philadelphia Eagles
- Tony Pollard (RB), Dak Prescott (QB) – Dallas Cowboys
- Geno Smith (QB) – Seattle Seahawks
- Jamal Williams (RB), Jared Goff (QB), Amon-Ra St.Brown (WR) – Detroit Lions
- DeAndre Hopkins (WR) – Arizona Cardinals
- Terry McLaurin (WR) – Washington Commanders
- Justin Fields (QB) – Chicago Bears
- Christian McCaffrey (RB), Brendan Aiyuk (WR) – San Francisco 49ers
Best Players Of The Season So Far – Defense
- Rashaan Evans (LB) – Atlanta Falcons
- CJ Mosley (LB) Sauce Gardner (CB)– New York Jets
- Nick Bosa (EDGE) – San Francisco 49ers
- Matt Judon (LB) – New England Patriots
- Micah Parsons (LB), Trevon Diggs (CB) – Dallas Cowboys
- Maxx Crosby (EDGE) – Las Vegas Raiders
- Chris Jones (DT) – Kansas City Chiefs
- Myles Garrett (EDGE) – Cleveland Browns
- Brian Burns (EDGE) – Carolina Panthers
- Tariq Woolen (CB), Jordyn Brooks (LB) – Seattle Seahawks
- CJ.Gardner-Johnson (CB) – Philadelphia Eagles
- Harrison Smith (CB), Za’Darius Smit (LB) – Minnesota Vikings
- Jonathan Allen (DT), Daron Payne (DT) – Washington Commanders
- Foyesade Olukon (LB) – Jacksonville Jaguars
Which Teams Have Shone From Week 6 to Week 13?
- Philadelphia Eagles – from 6-0 to 11-1
- Dallas Cowboys – from 4-2 to 9-3
- San Francisco 49ers – from 3-3 to 8-4
- Minnesota Vikings – from 5-1 to 10-2
- Miami Dolphins – from 3-3 to 8-4
- Cincinnati Bengals – from 3-3 to 8-4
- Kansas City Chiefs – from 4-2 to 9-3
These seven teams have had an excellent middle of the season and moved themselves into serious contention for the playoffs. For the likes of the Eagles, Vikings and Chiefs, playoffs look like a formality for them, while others like the Cowboys and 49ers are very well placed. The Bengals and Dolphins still have work to do in their respective divisions, but I’d expect both to come through given their explosive offenses.
Who Has Had A Strong Middle Of The Season?
- Detroit Lions – from 1-5 to 5-7
- Washington Commanders – from 2-4 to 7-5
- Buffalo Bills – from 5-1 to 9-3
Two teams have bounced back well from a poor start in the shape of the Lions and Commanders and while the playoffs seems unlikely for the Lions, there is every chance that the Commanders could make it, even though they remain 4th in the ultra-competitive NFC East. The Bills solid campaign has continued although I think with the quality of their roster, three defeats is one more than they would have expected at this stage.
Who Is On The Decline?
- Tennessee Titans – from 4-2 to 7-5
- Los Angeles Chargers – from 3-3 to 6-6
- New York Giants – from 5-1 to 7-4
- New York Jets – from 5-2 to 7-5
These four teams are very much at the crucial point of their season. A strong finish over the last few weeks will take them well into contention in the playoffs and in some cases for the Divisional Title. However, if their form continues to slide, then there is every chance that they could miss the playoffs, or even if they qualify, their interest would only last for one game.
Which Teams Season Is In The Bin?
- Houston Texans – 1-4-1 to 1-10-1
- Indianapolis Colts – 2-3-1 to 4-8-1
- Denver Broncos – 2-4 to 3-9
- Los Angeles Rams – 3-3 to 3-9
- Chicago Bears – 2-4 to 3-10
All five of these teams have had a nightmare season and while it was kind of expected for the Texans and Bears, it is a real surprise to see the Rams, Colts and Broncos down in this group. So much more was expected of these teams in particular and it has been a hugely disappointing season for the trio.
NFL Matchday 14 Fixtures
Thursday 9th December
- Las Vegas Raiders (5-7) @ Los Angeles Rams (3-9)
Sunday 11th December
- Baltimore Ravens (8-4) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (5-7)
- Cleveland Browns (5-7) @ Cincinnati Bengals (8-4)
- Houston Texans (1-10-1) @ Dallas Cowboys (9-3)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (4-8) @ Tennessee Titans (7-5)
- Minnesota Vikings (10-2) @ Detroit Lions (5-7)
- New York Jets (7-5) @ Buffalo Bills (9-3)
- Philadelphia Eagles (11-1) @ New York Giants (7-4-1)
- Kansas City Chiefs (9-3) @ Denver Broncos (3-9)
- Carolina Panthers (4-8) @ Seattle Seahawks (7-5)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-6) @ San Francisco 49ers (8-4)
- Miami Dolphins (8-3) @ Los Angeles Chargers (6-6)
Monday 12th December
- New England Patriots (6-6) @ Arizona Cardinals (4-8)
My NFL Weekend Moneyline Accumulator
- Las Vegas Raiders to beat the Los Angeles Rams – 20/49
- Cincinnati Bengals to beat the Cleveland Browns – 10/27
- Detroit Lions to beat the Minnesota Vikings – 5/6
- Kansas City Chiefs to beat the Denver Broncos – 4/17
- New England Patriots to beat the Arizona Cardinals – 5/6
This fivefold bet would pay out at odds of just over 7/1 with bet365 Sport at the prices quoted above, which were correct at the time of writing, but which may have changed in the meantime.